WHISTLE BLOWER POLICYInfrastructure facilities
- The Trigyn Group believes in the conduct of the affairs of its constituents in a fair and transparent manner by adopting highest standards of professionalism, honesty, integrity and ethical behaviour. Towards this end, the Trigyn Group has formulated the Trigyn – Whistle Blower Policy. The role of the employees in pointing out any violations of the Policy cannot be undermined.
- Clause 49 of the Listing Agreement between listed companies and the Stock Exchanges has been amended which, inter alia, provides for all listed companies to establish a mechanism called 'Whistle Blower Policy' for employees to report to the management instances of unethical behaviour, actual or suspected, fraud or violation of the Company's policy.
- Section 177(9) of the Companies Act, 2013 requires all listed companies to establish a vigil mechanism for directors and employees to report genuine concerns.
- Accordingly, this Whistle Blower Policy ("the Policy") has been formulated with a view to provide a mechanism for employees of the Company to approach the Audit Committee of the Company.
The definitions of some of the key terms used in this Policy are given below.
- "Audit Committee" means the Audit Committee constituted by the Board of Directors of the Company in accordance with Section 292A of the Companies Act, 1956 / Section 177 of the Companies Act, 2013 and read with Clause 49 of the Listing Agreement with the Stock Exchanges.
- "Employee" means every employee of the Company (whether working in India or abroad), including the Directors in the employment of the Company.
- "Investigators" mean those persons authorised, appointed, consulted or approached by the Ethics Counsellor/Audit Committee and includes the auditors of the Company and the police.
- "Protected Disclosure" means any communication made in good faith that discloses or demonstrates information that may evidence unethical or improper activity.
- "Trigyn Company" means Trigyn Technologies Limited and any of its’ subsidiaries.
- "Subsidiary" shall have the meaning assigned to it under the Companies Act, 2013.
- "Subject" means a person against or in relation to whom a Protected Disclosure has been made or evidence gathered during the course of an investigation.
- "Whistle Blower" means any Director or Employee making a Protected Disclosure under this Policy.
- The Whistle Blower's role is that of a reporting party with reliable information. They are not required or expected to act as investigators or finders of facts, nor would they determine the appropriate corrective or remedial action that may be warranted in a given case.
- Whistle Blowers should not act on their own in conducting any investigative activities, nor do they have a right to participate in any investigative activities other than as requested by the Ethics Counsellor or the Audit Committee or the Investigators.
- Protected Disclosure will be appropriately dealt with by the Audit Committee.
- *[The Scope of the Whistle Blower Policy shall be limited to any concerns related to
i) questionable accounting, accounting controls, auditing matters, or reporting of fraudulent financial information to our shareholders, government or the financial market; or ii) grave misconduct, i.e., conduct which results in violation of law by the Company or in a substantial mismanagement of the Company resources which if proven, would constitute a criminal offence or reasonable grounds for dismissal of the person engaging in such conduct. iii) conduct which is otherwise in violation of any law, can be reported under the Whistle blower Policy of the Company.
- Violations which do not fall within the scope of Whistle blower policy must be reported under the relevant section to your unit HR representative.]
*Inserted vide Resolution passed by the Board of Directors of the Company in it's meeting held on May 17, 2016.Eligibility
- All Employees of the Company are eligible to make Protected Disclosures under the Policy. The Protected Disclosures may be in relation to matters concerning the Company or any other Trigyn Company.
- While it will be ensured that genuine Whistle Blowers are accorded complete protection from any kind of unfair treatment as herein set out, any abuse of this protection will warrant disciplinary action
- Protection under this Policy would not mean protection from disciplinary action arising out of false or bogus allegations made by a Whistle Blower knowing it to be false or bogus or with a mala fide intention.
- Whistle Blowers, who make three or more Protected Disclosures, which have been subsequently found to be mala fide, frivolous, baseless, malicious, or reported otherwise than in good faith, will be disqualified from reporting further Protected Disclosures under this Policy. In respect of such Whistle Blowers, the Company/Audit Committee would reserve its right to take/recommend appropriate disciplinary action.
- All Protected Disclosures should be addressed to:
*[Shri A. R. Ansari
27, SDF – I, SEEPZ-SEZ, Andheri (East), Mumbai – 400096]
*Amended vide Resolution passed by the Board of Directors of the Company in it's meeting held on May 17, 2016.
- Protected Disclosures should preferably be reported in writing so as to ensure a clear understanding of the issues raised and should either be typed or written in a legible handwriting in English, Hindi or in the regional language of the place of employment of the Whistle Blower.
- The Protected Disclosure should be forwarded under a covering letter which shall bear the identity of the Whistle Blower. The Chairman of the Audit Committee shall detach the covering letter and discuss the Protected Disclosure with Members of the Audit Committee and if deemed fit, forward the Protected Disclosure to the Ethics Counsellor of the Company for investigation.
- Protected Disclosures should be factual and not speculative or in the nature of a conclusion, and should contain as much specific information as possible to allow for proper assessment of the nature and extent of the concern and the urgency of a preliminary investigative procedure.
- The Whistle Blower must disclose his/her identity in the covering letter forwarding such Protected Disclosure. Anonymous disclosures will not be entertained by the Audit Committee as it would not be possible for it to interview the Whistle Blowers.
- All Protected Disclosures reported under this Policy will be thoroughly investigated by the Ethics Counsellor of the Company who will investigate / oversee the investigations under the authorisation of the Audit Committee.
- Protected Disclosures involving or relating to the Ethics Counsellor which in the opinion of the Audit Committee may hamper the independence of the Ethics Counsellor in conducting the investigation will be investigated by the Audit Committee itself.
- The Ethics Counsellor / Audit Committee may at its discretion, consider involving any Investigators for the purpose of investigation.
- The decision to conduct an investigation taken by the Audit Committee is by itself not an accusation and is to be treated as a neutral fact-finding process. The outcome of the investigation may not support the conclusion of the Whistle Blower that an improper or unethical act was committed.
- The identity of a Subject will be kept confidential to the extent possible given the legitimate needs of law and the investigation.
- Subjects will normally be informed of the allegations at the outset of a formal investigation and have opportunities for providing their inputs during the investigation.
- Subjects shall have a duty to co-operate with the Ethics Counsellor / Audit Committee or any of the Investigators during investigation to the extent that such co-operation sought does not merely require them to admit guilt.
- Subjects have a right to consult with a person or persons of their choice, other than the Ethics Counsellor / Investigators and/or members of the Audit Committee and/or the Whistle Blower. Subjects shall be free at any time to engage counsel at their own cost to represent them in the investigation proceedings.
- Unless there are compelling reasons not to do so, Subjects will be given the opportunity to respond to material findings contained in an investigation report. No allegation of wrongdoing against a Subject shall be considered as maintainable unless there is good evidence in support of the allegation.
- Subjects have a right to be informed of the outcome of the investigation. If allegations are not sustained, the Subject should be consulted as to whether public disclosure of the investigation results would be in the best interest of the Subject and the Company.
- The investigation shall be completed normally within 45 days of the receipt of the Protected Disclosure.
- No unfair treatment will be meted out to a Whistle Blower by virtue of his/her having reported a Protected Disclosure under this Policy. The Trigyn Group, as a policy, condemns any kind of discrimination, harassment, victimization or any other unfair employment practice being adopted against Whistle Blowers. Complete protection will, therefore, be given to Whistle Blowers against any unfair practice like retaliation, threat or intimidation of termination/suspension of service, disciplinary action, transfer, demotion, refusal of promotion, or the like including any direct or indirect use of authority to obstruct the Whistle Blower's right to continue to perform his duties/functions including making further Protected Disclosure. The Company will take steps to minimize difficulties, which the Whistle Blower may experience as a result of making the Protected Disclosure. Thus, if the Whistle Blower is required to give evidence in criminal or disciplinary proceedings, the Company will arrange for the Whistle Blower to receive advice about the procedure, etc.
- The identity of the Whistle Blower shall be kept confidential to the extent possible and permitted under law. Whistle Blowers are cautioned that their identity may become known for reasons outside the control of the Ethics Counsellor /Audit Committee (e.g. during investigations carried out by Investigators).
- Any other Employee assisting in the said investigation shall also be protected to the same extent as the Whistle Blower.
- Investigators are required to conduct a process towards fact-finding and analysis. Investigators shall derive their authority and access rights from the Audit Committee when acting within the course and scope of their investigation.
- Technical and other resources may be drawn upon as necessary to augment the investigation. All Investigators shall be independent and unbiased both in fact and as perceived. Investigators have a duty of fairness, objectivity, thoroughness, ethical behavior, and observance of legal and professional standards.
- Investigations will be launched only after a preliminary review which establishes that:
- the alleged act constitutes an improper or unethical activity or conduct, and
- either the allegation is supported by information specific enough to be investigated, or matters that do not meet this standard may be worthy of management review, but investigation itself should not be undertaken as an investigation of an improper or unethical activity.
If an investigation leads the Audit Committee to conclude that an improper or unethical act has been committed, the Audit Committee shall direct the management of the Company to take such disciplinary or corrective action as the Audit Committee deems fit. It is clarified that any disciplinary or corrective action initiated against the Subject as a result of the findings of an investigation pursuant to this Policy shall adhere to the applicable personnel or staff conduct and disciplinary procedures.Reporting
The Ethics Counsellor shall submit a report to the Audit Committee on a regular basis about all Protected Disclosures referred to him/her since the last report together with the results of investigations, if any.Retention of Documents
All Protected Disclosures in writing or documented along with the results of investigation relating thereto shall be retained by the Company for a minimum period of seven years.Amendment
The Company reserves its right to amend or modify this Policy in whole or in part, at any time without assigning any reason whatsoever. However, no such amendment or modification will be binding on the Employees unless the same is notified to the Employees in writing.